Little hats that keep the little drinks warm will surprise and delight drinkers of all ages this festive season of giving.
In the first year of UK’s No. 1 chilled juice brand¹ arrived at these shores, innocent will also begin the beloved Big Knit tradition here in Singapore, bringing the same warmth and goodwill to the bellies of Singapore’s underprivileged kids and their families.
What is innocent’s Big Knit?
Over the last 19 years, innocent’s Big Knit campaigns have raised €3 million for charity, with an astonishing 9 million little knitted hats handmade by generous volunteers all over Europe who answer to innocent’s call to send in little hats. The hats are then popped onto little drinks, and a portion of the proceeds from the sale of behatted little drinks are donated to charity.
The Big Knit will debut in Singapore this Christmas, continuing the beloved tradition on these shores, in support of Food from the Heart’s food mission to alleviate hunger among the less fortunate, by contributing to healthier food rations for the beneficiaries.
Little hats, little film
To help raise awareness for the introduction of innocent’s Big Knit campaign in Singapore, innocent drinks has created a short film featuring little drinks with various little knitted hats, explaining how a little hat helps to feed the hungry, in support of Food from the Heart.
The Knitty Gritty
- 1 in 10 Singaporeans have experienced food insecurity at least once in the last 12 months².
- With rising food prices in Singapore due to global supply chain disruptions, geopolitical and environmental conditions, the lowest and middle-income are feeling the hardest pinch, and oftentimes, the first thing that gets affected is food.
- All the hats are hand-knitted by generous drinkers and fans all over Europe.
- From 1 December 2022, the little hats will appear on innocent drinks in 7-Eleven stores around Singapore.
- For each bottle sold wearing a little hat, innocent Drinks will donate S$0.25 to Food from the Heart’s School Goodie Bag programme, helping to ensure reliable, consistent, and sustainable food support for underprivileged kids and their families.
- The School Goodie Bag programme relies on cash donations to provide at least 15 types of healthier food options in each month’s food pack, that will provide better nutrition for developing young minds during a key period.
- Each monthly School Goodie Bag costs S$60 and supports a school-going child and family with a well-rounded diet.
¹ Nielson market data for Total Chilled Juice category by retailer in United Kingdom, 2022 (Updated 27 Aug, 2022)