With the upcoming Easter holidays, it is the perfect time to unwind for this quarter before tackling the rest of the year. If you’re unable to travel due to commitments, then perhaps a staycation is just what you need to restore and balance yourself. Here’s our top picks for staycation ideas in Singapore!
Mandarin Oriental Restore & Refresh Programme
Mandarin Oriental Singapore pool
Mandarin Oriental Singapore has rolled out a Restore & Refresh programme which includes a luxurious stay, dining and wellness experiences as well as a VIP visit to Lululemon for bespoke guidance on athletic apparel to support an active lifestyle.
The package is priced from S$1,350 and includes:
- Accommodation for two nights in a Marina Bay View room
- Mandarin Oriental’s Quintessence’s Spa Music Collection and bespoke Bath and Shower Oil
- Return limousine transfers to the lululemon store, located at Duxton Road
- In-store personal fitness session by lululemon (excludes purchases)
- A Yamuna body rolling session for two adults
- A 120-minute Abhyanga healing treatment at The Spa per person
- A wellness lunch at Dolce Vita for two adults
- Daily international buffet breakfast at Melt Café for two adults
Do note that this programme is valid from now till 30 June 2018. For details, room reservations and enquiries, please visit www.mandarinoriental.com.
Oasia Hotel Weekend Staycation Packages
Oasia by Far East Hospitality has special promotions for Weekend Getaways, aimed for locals who’d like to enjoy a short staycation. There are perks such as free breakfast, WiFi and guests who book a Club Room will also get complimentary Sunset Yoga session at 5pm, mini bar, evening cocktails as well as club benefits such as exclusive access to The Living Room.
What we liked are their variety of staycation packages, which will suit the needs of all occasions:
- The Qool Weekend: All-day light refreshments, evening cocktails, movie by the pool, cookie making class, LUSH bath products
- O’ What a Weekend: Breakfast & high tea set for 2 at The Marmalade Pantry, fitness class & late check-out
- Throwback Family Weekend: Family room, high tea & desserts, collectible family game set & kids goody pack
- Nostalgia at AMOY: Guided tour of Fuk Tak Chi Museum, curated selection of traditional Chinese pastries, complimentary breakfast
For details, room reservations and enquiries, please visit www.stayfareast.com/en/deals/staycation-singapore.
Shangri-La Choose Wellness
Shangri-La Hotel in Singapore has also come up with a Choose Wellness Package but it is curated by yourself. For 3D/2N, the package includes a welcome drink at Garden Wing or welcome champagne at Valley Wing, complimentary breakfast for two, complimentary fitness classes including yoga and Aquaspin, complete with a yoga mat available so that you can continue practising in the comfort of your room.
As mentioned, you get to decide what sort of wellness you prefer. Thus, you get to choose your preferred activity from the six options offered:
- Private yoga session led by Barbara Goursat, who was taught by the iconic Yogi Bhajan. During the 90-minute Kundalini Yoga session, you’ll be taught this “yoga of awareness” where you’ll go through a series of asanas, pranayama and meditation technique.
- Wellness cooking class will be conducted by their resident wellness chef, who’ll impart insightful tips on how to make healthy dishes at home. You’ll learn how to prepare three of their best selling dishes: the Seasonal Wellness Sushi Platter, Beet and Spinach Salad, and Rainbow Trout with Wild Seaweed Salad. Just remember to book your slot a week in advance.
- Mentoring Mindfulness is a 90-minute practice led by Barbara Goursat and the objective is to learn how to meditate and cleanse our minds off the incessant mental chatter, reduce stress and learn tools and techniques on coping with day-to-day life.
- Physical Function, Mobility and Strength Test is a 60-minute tailored fitness assessment where your body will be evaluated through seven movement tests. There is also a fitness rehabilitation and management of injury risk in active individuals.
- Massage of choice at CHI, The Spa to help you knead out those body aches and knots. This will complete the relaxation of the mind and body.
- Private seasonal 4-course wellness dinner that you can take either Al Fresco or indoors. The wellness menu is designed to be balanced and contain nutrient-dense, whole foods to promote multiple health benefits. The use of salt and sugar is minimised and anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting super foods are featured.
For details, please visit http://www.rediscovernew.shangri-la.com/experience/choose-wellness-curate-personal-staycation-mind-body/.
Photo credits: Mandarin Oriental Singapore, Oasia Hotel and Shangri-La Hotel Singapore