Insomnia from the Lack of Proper Nutrition
Tarpak Kapha is a sub-dosha of Kapha (water). It nourishes the brain cells and facilitates a good night’s sleep. Imbalance of this dosha causes poor nourishment of brain cells, leading to insomnia. This happens to those who are deprived by circumstances and few due to food faddism.
● Take carbohydrate- and fat-rich foods at night before 8:00 PM
● Drink fat-rich milk with nutmeg and jaggery or sugar before bedtime.
Insomnia in Workaholics
Sadhak Pitta is a sub-dosha of Pitta (fire) and is located in the heart. It controls one’s emotions, desires, decisiveness, and spirituality. An imbalance in Sadhak Pitta makes a person demanding and a workaholic, thereby leading to situations that may cause a lack of sleep.
● Drink ash gourd or sugar cane juice after dinner.
● Take 5 soaked almonds at bedtime.
● Drink 100 ml of lukewarm almond milk at bedtime
Insomnia from Anxiety and Stress
Prana Vata is a sub-dosha of Vata (air). It is linked to insomnia, anxiety, and conditions such as depression. As Prana Vata makes the nervous system sensitive, a sensitive nervous system coupled with an aggravated Prana Vata leads to insomnia.
● Wash your legs with warm water and massage your feet with butter.
● Make a paste of milk and butter and apply that paste over your bregma (crown of the head) and feet.