Calling for applications for Cohort 3 of the Y-Lab Foundry programme organized by National Gallery Singapore.
Y-Lab Foundry is a unique Art x Tech innovation programme, housed in one of the largest museums in Southeast Asia – National Gallery Singapore. Designed and delivered together with Dalberg Advisors (acquired Ravel Innovation in 2022), the appointed innovation partner, the programme provides entrepreneurs, startups, and scale-ups an opportunity to launch or testbed their Art x Tech innovation through one of three ways:
- Enhancing a product with artistic input and applications to improve its functional and emotional experience
- Taking art expressions one step further with complementary technology to deepen the artistic intent and experience
- Testing or developing a product that may have applications within the Arts and Culture sector (leveraging on the gallery’s footfall and visitorship) as well as in the other sectors due to its technical viability and use cases
An equity-free programme with a grant available for prototyping, participants selected will gain access to validate their solution with industry leaders, with the programme culminating in a showcase to the broader ecosystem. We are actively recruiting solutions to 8 challenge statements across 3 pillars, and a full list of challenge statements can be found here.
Key Dates & Details
- Application deadline: 21 June 2023 (6PM SGT)
- Successful applicants will undergo a 3-day bootcamp on 3-5 July 2023 with two rounds of selections taking place on 7 July 2023 and 17 July 2023
- 100% attendance is expected for all key programme milestones
- Eligible Startups will receive a grant of SGD 5,000 (~USD 3,700) to assist with prototyping
- Solutions and teams at all stages globally are encouraged to apply
- The programme will be run in a hybrid format
More information available on the official website: ylab.sg
In addition, they will be hosting a virtual information session on 13 June (5-6PM SGT) to provide insights into the startup selection process, an opportunity to hear from one of our programme alumni, and participate in a live Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session with representatives from National Gallery Singapore. Besides sharing about the programme, participants will also get to listen in on a rich discussion with transformative art x tech leaders on how technology is very relevant in the art and culture sector. Click here to register for the session.
Images: Y-Lab Foundry