Did you know that you have less than a fifth of your life to do what you like, which includes getting to know the most emblematic places in any part of the world? It is said that a person who schedules at least two trips a year will be able to be more productive in their daily work. Travel, whether long or short, will help you attain personal growth and nurture you, as you explore other cultures and lifestyles.
Sunway Hotel Big Box Welcomes International Guests Back To Nature’s Playground In Johor
The 284-room Sunway Hotel Big Box, which first opened its doors in October 2021, is located in Sunway City Iskandar Puteri, a fully integrated township just 30 minutes from Senai International Airport and 15 minutes from the border checkpoint.
Just 10 minutes from the hotel, is LEGOLAND Malaysia showcasing more than 15,000 LEGO models and over 70 rides, slides, shows and attractions. Under the “Stay & Ride” package, families can enjoy a fun-filled three-day/two-night stay in a Family Suite or Deluxe Room at Sunway Hotel Big Box, plus daily buffet for two adults and two children, and one-day tickets to LEGOLAND and the adjacent SEA LIFE Aquarium!
If you are looking for more thrilling experiences, X PARK, located near the hotel, offers adrenaline-fuelled adventures including go-karting, ATV driving, paintballing, motocross, rock-climbing, water sports and more!
Golfers can also enjoy the “Stay & Golf” promotion covers a one-night stay at Sunway Hotel Big Box, plus green fees for four rounds of golf, a buggy, caddy and golf insurance at just MYR 280 nett per person.
At Sunway Hotel Big Box, guests can unwind in style at the outdoor infinity pool, children’s pool and 24-hour fitness centre, dine at the Pendas Café or chill out at the pool bar. The hotel is adjacent to the Sunway Big Box Retail Park, a one-of-a-kind open-air mall which offers numerous retail, F&B and entertainment outlets, including 13 large warehouse-style concept stores.
All reservations made directly with the hotel will be rewarded with five benefits: exclusive rates, a dedicated check-in lane, early check-in, late check-out (subject to availability), and 10% dining discounts at the hotel. Guests will also be treated to a special gift if they stay during their birthday month!
Westin Hotels & Resorts Docks In The Port City Of Yokohama
The Westin Yokohama is strategically situated in the new central business district of Yokohama, Minato Mirai, offering easy access to popular sightseeing spots such as Japan’s largest Chinatown and the city’s renowned Sankeien Garden. The Tokyo Haneda Airport is within a 25-minute drive and Tokyo city centre is within a 36-minute train ride from the new hotel, making it easily accessible from other regional and international destinations.
Situated on the 23rd floor with stunning views towards Mount Fuji, the lobby features a soaring indoor garden with lighting representing sunlight streaming through trees, as an expression of the Japanese philosophy of “shinrin yoku”, also known as forest bathing. In the heart of the lobby, the feature fireplace evokes a gracious sense of homecoming.
Complete with a private dining venue for intimate events, Iron Bay is the hotel’s signature restaurant that offers a menu with all-things perfectly grilled to order. Guests can enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences with chefs grilling succulent meats, fresh seafood, and farm-to-table vegetables and fruits, all sourced from Yokohama and its surrounding regions on an open fire grill.
Located in the hotel lobby with a picturesque backdrop of Mount Fuji and Yokohama city, Sugar Merchant serves an array of coffees and teas, including artisanal Kanagawa herbal infusions along with a selection of delicate pastries. At the hotel’s speakeasy bar, Code Bar, guests can explore a remarkable range of craft cocktails and artisanal mocktails inspired by the different areas in Japan and named according to their postal codes. Book your stay now!
Explore The Stylish Beachfront Resort Wyndham Grand Crete Mirabello Bay
Wyndham Grand Crete Mirabello Bay, a stylish beachfront resort located in Crete’s famed Agios Nikolaos in the Elounda region. The iconic property overlooking the popular Mirabello bay has now been completely repositioned with a new design combining the authentic Cretan hospitality with the experience of a bohemian chic resort.
The impressive transformation includes all the resort’s 314 guestrooms and bungalows with contemporary design, soft textures, oak wood and a green and blue colour palette, inspired by the beautiful Cretan seas and the lush nature surrounding the hotel.
Not only can you enjoy spas and massages, the hotel also offers pottery classes, painting classes, and plenty of kids’ activities. You can also go on fishing trips, sea adventures, scuba diving, snorkeling courses, jet skiing, and more, if you’re looking for an action-packed holiday.
A new addition for cinema enthusiasts is the outdoor cinema, a new area surrounded by trees and flowers, equipped with comfortable chairs so that guests can enjoy watching the weekly scheduled movies under the stars.
Experience winter wonderland in Australia
There’s Nothing like Australia and this month, get ready to experience Australia’s winter wonderland, immerse yourself in the cultural history of an ancient coral cay, and taste your way around exciting food festivals, including the much-awaited black winter truffle hunt.
Here are some exciting activities and adventures you won’t want to miss!
- Reef Magic (Great Barrier Reef, Queensland): Located off Cairns at popular Moore Reef, the new pontoon offers experiences for swimmers and snorkelers of all levels, including guided snorkel tours of the colourful coral gardens home to ‘Wally’, the world-famous humphead Wrasse. For those who prefer to stay dry, the huge sundeck is a great spot to soak up the views after experiencing the reef on a semi submarine, glass bottom boat, or the state-of-the-art underwater observatory. Reef Magic operates sustainably with the help of 18 solar panels and three wind turbines.
- Mabu Buru Tours’ New Wakaj Tour (Broome, Western Australia): The only Corroboree-style experience available in Broome, tour guests can experience the Maru, a Corroboree performance by the Pintirri Dancers, taking them into the sunset with the sounds of traditional Karajarri songs echoing through the surrounding evening bushlands.
- Carlton Aperitivo Tours (Port Fairy, Victoria): A progressive aperitivo two-hour walking tour of the iconic Melbourne/Narrm Italian neighbourhood, Carlton. Learn all about aperitivo while sipping Italian cocktails, prosecco and wine paired with Lygon Street’s best arancini, cicchetti, pizza, pasta, gelato, salumi and cheese. Tours run on Friday nights with a maximum group size of 10.
Hip places to eat and drink
- Horizon Restaurant and Cellar (Barossa Valley, South Australia): A 50-minute drive from Adelaide, the Horizon Restaurant and Cellar celebrates both the Barossa’s local artisans and phenomenal seasonal produce sourced from around South Australia. With a special seasonal menu using the best locally sourced quality products, the food is adventurous, and the ambience is designed to help guests relax and indulge all the senses.
- Thirty Five Stirling (Adelaide, South Australia): Located in a historic factory building in the heart of Thebarton, Thirty Five Stirling is a new family-friendly spot just a stone’s throw away from Adelaide’s city. With a strong background in the local produce and baking industries, owner Jess and the team are proud to be supporting South Australian businesses, producers, and growers in every way possible.
- Isoletto Pool Club (Sydney/Warrane, New South Wales): Combining fresh, local produce and a coastal sensibility, the Isoletto Pool Club is the perfect spot to indulge in a delicious tropical cocktail or savour a snack after a day by the pool. Poolside packages are available for those looking to relax on the deck, where you can indulge in a bottle.
Unforgettable Coastal Escape at Desaru Coast
With daycations starting from RM378 / SGD118, guests can look forward to Desaru Coast experiences such as golf on the fairways of its world-class courses, resort-style dining at any of the destination’s restaurants and spending the day at its pristine beaches or having a splash at its waterpark.
For guests looking beyond an action-packed day trip, the destination will also offer unforgettable staycation packages starting at RM2379 / SGD743, which include hotel stays and an array of Desaru Coast activities. All new packages come with return ferry tickets.
Visitors from Singapore can look forward to a safe and seamless holiday experience close to home, while international travellers to Singapore can easily hop on a ferry to add a luxury beach holiday as part of their travel itinerary.
Desaru Coast’s plethora of amenities and activities can be easily booked on desarucoast.com. Book your getaway now!
SAii Koh Samui Choengmon Offers Island Hopping Adventure Package
SAii Koh Samui Choengmon is offering Island Hopping Adventures which combines a three-night vacation with a private excursion to two of Thailand’s best kept secrets, the islands of Koh Tan and Koh Madsum, by traditional long-tail boat.
Guests can explore a variety of tropical environments, with snorkelling trips to the colourful coral reefs, a tour of the mangrove forest nature trail, and kayaking around the island to discover meadows of swaying sea grass, which are among the most ecologically important ecosystems on the planet due to their ability to absorb carbon and house a wide variety of marine life. On Koh Madsum, guests will have the unique opportunity to take selfies with the pigs.
The package also includes a sensational stay from start to finish, with roundtrip airport transfers, daily breakfast, one complimentary lunch or dinner at Miss Olive Oyl, the beautiful beachside restaurant, a soothing 60-minute pampering session at Lèn Spa, and a bottle of sparkling wine.
Travellers can choose to stay in a selection of spectacular pool villas, including beachfront options, all of which feature stylish, locally-inspired interiors, sumptuous linens, “creature comfort” pillows, signature SAii bathtubs or waterfall showers, plus handcrafted bathroom amenities from the unique M.I.Y Aroma Lab. For more information, please visit www.saiiresorts.com.
The Spectacular Gran Melia Lombok
Unwind in style and enjoy the exquisite nature landscape at the Gran Meliá Lombok. Guests and investors can choose from a collection of beautiful hillside duplexes and one-, two- and three-bedroom residences, all fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology, luxurious interiors and private pools.
Distinctive concepts include KAYMA Moroccan tented suites, AURORA minimalist villas, LA RESIDENZA Bauhaus-style residences and the company’s signature INSPIRAL eco-luxury villas, all of which are nestled among swaying palm trees and frame “millionaire’s views” from panoramic windows and alfresco living areas.
As with every project co-created by Invest Islands and Inspiral, Gran Meliá Lombok will have a low carbon footprint. As well as using sustainable building materials, the design will harness sunlight and sea breezes to help heat and cool the property, and rainwater will be harvested throughout the resort.
Images: Sunway Hotel, Westin Hotel, Grand Crete Mirabello Bay, Tourism Australia, Desaru, SAii Koh Samui Choengmon, Gran Melia Lombok