Reframing Your Body Image
February 19 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pmS$35
What is “Reframing Your Body Image” workshop about?
It is a 2-hour workshop aimed at helping individulas to reframe their body image using scientifically based methods. We hope to empower people by shifting mindsets towards self-love, self-care and self-confidence.
Why this workshop?
- 1 in 7 adults in Singapore experience mental health issues at some point in their lives
- Of all Singaporean adults aged 21-77 years surveyed, approx 60% screened positive or at high risk of developing an eating disorder (ED). Only 1.6% of those who have ED reported currently being in treatment
- In a sample of 2,800 adults surveyed, heavy individuals reported being more likely to perceive weight-based discrimination than those of average weight
- Perceived overweight increases the risk of depressive symptoms and suicidality beyond objective weight status
- Healthier body image
- Improved overall mental wellness
- Establishing tools to help cope with vulnerabilities
- The workshop integrates NLP and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to understand the way you view yourself and how to overcome unhealthy mental barriers
- Practical tools for those who struggle with body dissatisfaction and self-confidence
- Is interactive but yet provides a safe environment for sharing
“I wasn’t expecting such an interactive workshop but I’m glad it was. Helped me learn better.”
“The event was well structured and conducted in an innovative manner. It was very knowledgable and fun.”
“Thanks for the really stunning session. It was very thought-provoking.”
“Melissa’s ‘Reframing Your Body Image’ at the Sugar & Spice Festival allows one to honestly reflect on your various negative inner self-perceptions. Beyond that, the workshop has also successfully created a supportive environment among participants and given practical tips on how we may move away from such self-perceptions. Thank you!”
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021
Time: 7.30 – 9.30pm (Singapore Time)
Price: S$35/person (exclusive of Eventbrite fees)
Do you have a wellness event that you’d like to list onto The Wellness Insider’s calendar? Email us at [email protected] to tell us more!