- This event has passed.
Lazada Run Singapore 2023
July 23 @ 5:30 am - 10:00 amS$35 – S$80
Lazada, Southeast Asia’s pioneer eCommerce platform, has today officially announced that Lazada Run Singapore, the first-ever race organised by an eCommerce platform, will be held on 23 July 2023, flagging off at Marina Barrage.
- The scenic race routes for all four race categories of 5km, 10km, 21km and a 650m Kids Dash for children between 5-12 years
- Fun race features like “Add to Life” arches that automatically enter participants who run beneath them within stipulated timings into a lucky draw and stand to win prizes
- Vouchers that will be released during the run, attached to pacers at their waist for participants to grab
- A series of running clinics conducted by Lazada’s partner, Running Department, Singapore’s biggest running club
- An exciting race village for participants and spectators including feature stage entertainment and a programme of activities
- A first-time-ever Cart Dash challenge where the fastest participants who “add to cart” win prizes
- A mass warm-up session led by a fitness influencer
- Exciting pop-up shops hosted by brands and sellers on Lazada
- To reduce carbon footprint, race packs can also be collected island-wide at SingPost POPStations at the convenience of participants
The Singapore race marks the final leg of the multi-country race which also takes place in Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia before the finale. As the final race, Singapore will also play host to the winners of the 21KM and 10KM races from the region to compete for the ultimate prize of US$3,500. The prize is also open to Singapore race participants and they will automatically qualify based on their finishing position.
The prizes don’t stop there – additional cash prizes of S$3,000 and S$2,000 will be awarded to first place finishers for the 21KM and 10KM categories respectively, with cash prizes for second and third place finishers as well.
Participants will be energised by some of the most scenic views in Singapore during the run, passing by distinctive landmarks such as Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, the National Stadium and the beautiful beaches of the East Coast Park. The routes will also feature “Add to Life” arches that automatically enter participants who run beneath them within stipulated timings into a lucky draw, and stand to win attractive prizes. For the first time ever in a running event, pacers with vouchers attached to their waist will enter the race halfway, which participants can grab.
Race routes for Lazada Run Singapore
In the lead up to the race, Lazada has partnered with Running Department, the biggest running club in Singapore, to run a series of running clinics to help participants better prepare for the run. The clinics will be in June and July, with a total of four sessions eligible for Lazada Run participants to sign up for.
Singapore was selected for the finale of Lazada Run in a demonstration of the business’ commitment to the market as Lazada’s headquarters, and to pay homage to the heritage of where Lazada was founded more than a decade ago. Lazada One, which opened its doors last year in Bras Basah, was designed with the next generation of tech and eCommerce talent in mind.
Lazada Singapore CEO Loh Wee Lee commented, “We are proud to host the finale of Lazada Run in Singapore. This first-of-its-kind race organised by an eCommerce platform is testament to Singapore’s vibrancy and inclusivity in terms of lifestyle offerings and events for all to enjoy. We make it our mission to build deeper connections with our customers and reward them by creating fresh new experiences for them to enjoy, online and offline – we can’t wait to meet more of our customers on 23 July.”
For race participants as well as spectators, a race village will feature stage entertainment and include a programme of activities, including a mass warm-up session led by a fitness influencer.
Marcus Chew, Chief Marketing Officer, Lazada Group, said, “An event like Lazada Run has never before been organised by an eCommerce platform, and we are also the first to reward participants simply for running the race. Lazada has always been a front-runner when it comes to innovation and new ways to engage customers – from livestream selling on LazLive and fun giveaways for 11.11 to Lazada Run – our latest major event. As an avid runner myself, I can’t wait to join the runners on the big day and meet winners from around the region.”
Ticket sales and registration for the Lazada Run Singapore will close on 30 June, interested participants can sign up for their race through the Lazada app here.
Do you have a wellness event that you’d like to list onto The Wellness Insider’s calendar? Email us at [email protected] to tell us more!